Summertime Snacks That Brighten Your SmilePublished 06/26/2014
It’s officially summer - the perfect time to help your teeth shine their very brightest. Healthy, bright teeth give you a confident smile that lights up your entire face. Practicing good oral hygiene is most important for healthy teeth, but did you know there are some basic summer time snacks that are not only healthy but can also help naturally whiten your teeth?
Here are 5 yummy summer snacks that will do the trick:
Pineapples contain the enzyme, Bromelain, which helps remove bacteria from your teeth and acts as a natural stain remover.
Strawberriescontain Malic Acid, which acts as a natural whitener removing discoloration on the surface of your teeth.
Apples, carrots and celery are perfect crunchy snacks that increase saliva production, removing stain causing debris and acids that lead to decay.
Yogurt and cheese not only contain calcium that promotes strong teeth and bones, but also Lactic Acid which helps clean teeth.
Water helps rinse away acid and stain causing residue from food and beverages such as tea, coffee and wine.
Brushing and flossing twice a day and regularly visiting your family dentist help maintain your bright smile while preventing cavities and gum disease. For adults and children alike, the American Dental Association recommends a check-up every six months. Make an appointment today and our dentists will help determine a plan to help you achieve the beautiful smile you deserve.
- There are currently no posts made in 2017/2018, please check back later!
- Dec. 2014 - Maximize Your Dental Benefits Before December 31st!
- Nov. 2014 - Why You Should Never Delay Dental Treatment
- Oct. 2014 - Teeth-Friendly Halloween Ideas
- Sept. 2014 - Dental Sealants for Children's Teeth
- Aug. 2014 - Is Your Child Missing School Due To Dental Issues?
- July 2014 - When To Wean Kids From Pacificers, Sippy-Cups, Etc.
- June 2014 - Summertime Snacks That Brighten Your Smile
- May 2014 - Health Problems Tied To Gum Disease
- Apr. 2014 - Dental Sedation For Children
- Mar. 2014 - What Parents Should Know About Fluoride
- Feb. 2014 - Children's Dental Health Month
- Dec. 2013 - 7 New Year’s Resolutions For A Healthier Smile
- Nov. 2013 - Use Your Dental Insurance Before The New Year
- Oct. 2013 - Halloween Tips For Treats
- Oct. 2013 - Honored To Serve Our Military
- Sept. 2013 - Baby Tooth Decay: It's Possible & Preventable
- Aug. 2013 - Help Your Child Overcome Fear Of Dentists
- July 2013 - Cosmetic Dentistry For Children, or Not?
- July 2013 - Bad Teeth, Just After Two Weeks!
- June 2013 - Trouble With Fruity Drinks, Treats & Soda
- May 2013 - Children's Dental Care: True or False
- May 2013 - Children's Oral Care Problems
- Apr. 2013 - Breakfast Cereal & Children's Dental Care
- Mar. 2013 - Mouthwashing, Flossing and Kids
- Mar. 2013 - Keeping Your Child's Teeth Healthy
- Feb. 2013 - Tips For A Healthier Mouth (Pt. 2)
- Feb. 2013 - Tips For A Healthier Mouth (Pt. 1)