Welcome to General Dentistry 4 KidsPublished 08/12/2012
Greetings everyone. Our hope in starting this blog is to offer our insights on interesting topics and trends in children’s dentistry as well as some insight into our philosophy on that same topic.
If you are a parent, you may have noticed some rather dramatic changes in the industry over the past decade especially for those on some form of Medicaid/AHCCCS. Access to dentistry especially among the lower income had lots to be desired. This was highlighted in the 2000 report Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General (for complete report, go here). This report shined much-needed light on the “silent epidemic” of untreated oral disease — and affirmed the link between oral health and general health. A few years later in 2003, the government, health care providers and public health advocates released A National Call to Action to Promote Oral Health.
Many states responded to this government call to action by increasing funding for oral health. In addition, there was a concerted effort to find sign up additional providers especially in under served areas. To it’s credit, Arizona greatly increased it’s attention which has resulted in many more dentists opening offices in our state. This is one of the reasons we at General Dentistry 4 Kids opened our first office in 2008.
Arizona’s effort to attract more dentists was very successful especially in the early 2000’s. Over time, our state’s focus has moved from expanding services to ensuring we live within our means financially. That has resulted in drastic cuts in those that qualify for AHCCCS as well as drastic cuts in the fees paid for dental procedures. Many dentists have either stopped taking AHCCCS and focused on private insurance patients or shut down their business all together.
We at General Dentistry 4 Kids are focused on making sure we continue to support all our patients including the AHCCCS community. We’ve had to evolve to the new AHCCCS environment. One thing we will never change is our focus on our patients’ experience and quality dental care when they are in our offices. We continue to improve the offices by upgrading the lobbies, adding video gaming stations and other fun activities for the kids as well as constantly updated our equipment to the most modern technologies.
A few of us will be writing on this blog about a variety of subjects that will help you better understand who we are and help explain various topics related to children’s dentistry. Some of the topics will include possible side effects from poor oral health, explanation of changes to various insurance plans, and our philosophy on patient service and satisfaction just to name a few.
If there are any subjects you are interested in us discussing, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to respond in a timely manner.
Thanks for taking the time to read our blog. Hope you enjoyed it and found it informative.
- There are currently no posts made in 2017/2018, please check back later!
- Dec. 2014 - Maximize Your Dental Benefits Before December 31st!
- Nov. 2014 - Why You Should Never Delay Dental Treatment
- Oct. 2014 - Teeth-Friendly Halloween Ideas
- Sept. 2014 - Dental Sealants for Children's Teeth
- Aug. 2014 - Is Your Child Missing School Due To Dental Issues?
- July 2014 - When To Wean Kids From Pacificers, Sippy-Cups, Etc.
- June 2014 - Summertime Snacks That Brighten Your Smile
- May 2014 - Health Problems Tied To Gum Disease
- Apr. 2014 - Dental Sedation For Children
- Mar. 2014 - What Parents Should Know About Fluoride
- Feb. 2014 - Children's Dental Health Month
- Dec. 2013 - 7 New Year’s Resolutions For A Healthier Smile
- Nov. 2013 - Use Your Dental Insurance Before The New Year
- Oct. 2013 - Halloween Tips For Treats
- Oct. 2013 - Honored To Serve Our Military
- Sept. 2013 - Baby Tooth Decay: It's Possible & Preventable
- Aug. 2013 - Help Your Child Overcome Fear Of Dentists
- July 2013 - Cosmetic Dentistry For Children, or Not?
- July 2013 - Bad Teeth, Just After Two Weeks!
- June 2013 - Trouble With Fruity Drinks, Treats & Soda
- May 2013 - Children's Dental Care: True or False
- May 2013 - Children's Oral Care Problems
- Apr. 2013 - Breakfast Cereal & Children's Dental Care
- Mar. 2013 - Mouthwashing, Flossing and Kids
- Mar. 2013 - Keeping Your Child's Teeth Healthy
- Feb. 2013 - Tips For A Healthier Mouth (Pt. 2)
- Feb. 2013 - Tips For A Healthier Mouth (Pt. 1)